Monday, November 28, 2016

My Mad Dream of an Essay

Remember that time you ate that spicy [turkey] just before you went to bed on the night before the big [Holocaust]?  Oh, that weird dream you had about the 2016 presidential election.  When you woke up you couldn't quite remember the [fabulous] details, but after reading "On Self-Reliance" and "A Sound of Thunder" it's all coming back to you now.

The dream started badly.  You were in line with your family at a [Mall] waiting to be sent to [the dentist].  Everywhere you looked there were posters of president-elect [Amapola], looking like a crazy [penguin] who could eat a whole [trashcan].   

Suddenly, there was Ralph Waldo Emerson telling you, "[imitation is suicide]."  You realized that you have something to contribute to the world so you decided to [dance].  But it wasn't easy.  First you had to put on a fancy [tea pot] and [dog bowl] and then you had make a [guitar] to go back in time to the [beach] so you could convince people to learn about the candidates and the [poverty].

But right there in the [movie theater] there was a giant [Santa Clause] and it started [poke] ing at everyone.  People started to [scream].  You grabbed a [nutella] from a nearby [bathroom] and yelled [don't let anyone control your life].  Everyone stopped and listened, so you kept going.


(Haa....this did not make sense at all.)


Now the Speech/ Essay


In the book "A Sound of Thunder", we learned how one little action or thing can affect our future. For example, when Eckels made his choice to go to the past it led him dead in the story. I understand how big choices in life can influence our future such as colleges and jobs, but how can a small choice affect our future ? Like choosing what I want for lunch, does that really make a big impact in my future ? Small actions such as picking up a sticker from the ground, does it really influence my future ? After long thinking, I came to a conclusion that small choices in life does make an affect in our future. When I first made it into the volleyball team in Junior High, I was on the zone. But when it came to the volleyball games, I would get really nervous to the point where I would make excuses to my coach for me not to play the games. Some people told me,"Then why'd you join the volleyball team if your not going to play a game ?". You have to understand that volleyball is my main sport, and back then I've always dreamed to get into a volleyball team. So me making it in the volleyball team was one of the accomplishments I made in my life, I am not going to back down that easily. Anyways, when I would feel down and nervous, my friend encouraged me and cheered me up. She would have this smile on her face while giving me a pep talk and that helped me a lot. During the games when my friend could tell I was nervous, she would pat me on the back. That small gesture changed my mindset and gave me confidence. So yes, one small action can change your future or someone else's future. Me being a total wimp to play the first few games,  people tried to tell me to stop playing. Just like Emerson's essay "On Self- Reliance", don't be discouraged by others. Believe in yourself and keep doing what you love. Doing what you love will lead you to a successful life and also a happier life. So remember, one small "Thank You" or "Nice Job" can change your mindset and also someone's mindset and can change the mood out of everyone's lives. Enjoy the little things.

No comments:

Post a Comment