Thursday, December 1, 2016

Immigrants in our own Land

Understanding poems has always been stressful and difficult for me. Even though this poem wasn't as hard like the past poems I had to read, I still found it hard to translate some parts. That's why I found Jessica's blog super helpful. I loved how she explained each stanza. After reading the poem, I was still unsure on what I just read but the only part of the poem that I understood fully, was the theme and the mood. Jessica and I had the same theme and mood ideas.

Theme: Not everything is what you expected it to be 

Tone: In the beginning started at a hopeful tone and gradually turns into a very serious tone.

Mood: I found the mood kind of depressing

Devices: Although the poem had no rhyming Jimmy used metaphors and similes


Before, I thought tone was very formal but after encountering Jessica's blog, I changed my answer to a serious tone.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment