Friday, September 2, 2016

Literature Analysis Questions #1 (The Red Pyramid)

1) The Red Pyramid is about 2 siblings who are in quest to find their dad who disappeared by the Rosetta stone. This book aims at Egyptian Gods and that's one of the reasons why I chose this book because I've always been interested in any kind of mythology. There are 2 gods inside the 2 siblings guiding them to face trials and helping them control their powers to find their dad.

2) For me, there isn't a specific theme in this story. This book talks about family, friendship, and sacrifice. This story talks about the 2 siblings who only gets to see each other once or twice a year because the separation of the mom and dad, working together in order to get dad back. Their  goal is to try and get their family back together, but in order for that to happen, the trials they face and the battles requires sacrifice. And on this journey together, the 2 siblings gets to know each other and click.

3) I absolutely  love how this author writes. It makes me want to read more and more. This author knows how to catch my attention and not bore me. His ideas of this story is well made. The actions, the characters, the problems are just so good. This author has good imagination and I feel like this author writes his stories outdoors. It's like he's getting inspiration of the details because of the outdoors. This book shows a lot of description of the surroundings. I could tell this author worked really hard on it and wasn't lazy.

4) How I knew that the theme leaned towards into family is because of this quote, "When you only see each other twice a year, it's like your distant cousins rather than siblings. We had absolutely nothing in common except for our parents." This quote was at the beginning of the story when they haven't connected or care about one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment