Tuesday, March 7, 2017

What I see in Literature? (Unfinished)

Some examples of imagery about Gatsby my group and I thought of is when the author talks about Gatsby's parties. We were talking about how we could easily imagine all kinds of people there, the laughter, the smell of alcohol, and the sound of loud music by the orchestras. We also talked about how we could picture Gatsby reaching out at the green light standing at the end of the dock. We could imagine the color of the green light and the smell of the ocean. My group and I talked about how these examples that we came up of, kind of relates to the theme the american dream.Where people would want to have wealth because they think wealth will bring them hope and happiness. So when Gatsby reaches out for the green light, we thought that Gatsby is reaching out to hope for a happy future. Prufrock was a little difficult since, we had a hard time understanding the poem. So we googled it. The last paragraph that we read together at the end of the class, my group and I agreed we could easily picture when the author talks about mermaids and women talking about Micheal Angelo. This imagery relates to how Prufrock spends his life appreciating beauty from afar and never really reaching out touch the women and the things he desires.

No comments:

Post a Comment