Monday, February 6, 2017

Gatsby Chapter 4

1) What "truth" does Gatsby tell Nick in this chapter ?
    --- First the obvious truth Gatsby told Nick is the fact that all the rumors he heard about him, are all a lie. Second, a truth he told Nick is his backstory. He told him that he was the son of wealthy people in the Middle West and states that they're all dead now. He told Nick that he studied in Oxford since it was a family tradition thing. But that could be a lie because Nick noticed he rushed on the "educated in Oxford" part. I feel like Gatsby was telling half a truth and a half a lie. There's still something fishy about him. But I do think he was telling the truth when he was talking about  him in the war because he took out a piece of metal slung on a ribbon when he was in Montenegro during the war.

2) What "truth" does Jordan tell Nick  ?
    ---- Okaaay, I'm having a hard time what's happening so far but I think the truth Jordan told Nick is the fact that when she met Daisy who had an unknown admirer, a military officer, named Jay Gatsby. And I think there was a love triangle toward Daisy, Jay, and Tom but she ends up marrying Tom. *sighs I don't know. This whole situation is giving me a headache.

No comments:

Post a Comment